Beauty Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an edible vegetable oil and is 50 percent lauric acid which has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. It is derived from the kernel of matured coconuts and has amazing health, skin and cooking uses.
Coconut has been a major resource along the tropical zone for centuries. It’s numerous internal and external uses have made it a highly practical and widely used product. Over the years, it has certainly gained its popularity as one of the best natural oils for health and beauty benefits.
The coconut itself offers a wide range of wellness advantages due to its fibre content and healthy nutrients, but it is the oil that offers amazing resources for natural remedies, healing and medication. Coconut and coconut oil are very healthy and rich with organic vitamins, fibre and nutrients which is why it is categorized as a “functional meal”. It also offers a variety of other health advantages beyond Its healthy content including numerous beauty benefits. You may do skin or hair care at home instead of going to the salon central hong kong. In order to achieve these benefits, make sure that you use extra virgin coconut oil.
All-natural extra virgin coconut oil is packed with plenty of antioxidants that can be used to keep the epidermis sleek and soft, while battling against toxic damage and the signs of aging. Besides slowing down aging of skin, the coconut oil acts as an excellent non greasy moisturizer. Coconut oil is a great organic lotion, as many essential natural oils are. For the reason that coconut essential oil is a fat, it has emollient properties—It has a conditioning and relaxing effect on epidermis. Its ability to sleek the epidermis while injecting. It with antioxidants creates it an ideal anti-aging lotion. To obtain healthy glowing skin, a regular skin care regimen is necessary and coconut oil can be a fantastic Improvement to such a program. Organic coconut oil gets easily absorbed in the skin and saves it from toxins. It is even safe for the tender skin of babies and children. It also prevents wrinkles and has antiviral and antibacterial properties that help treating dryness, dandruff, dermatitis, insect bites and lice. Some people also use it to treat acne, sunburns, and many other skin ailments.
Furthermore, It has vitamin E, another antioxidant well-known for hastening the restoration of epidermis cuts, burning and any other stress. Coconut oil also offers sun defence by screening 20% of ultraviolet exposure. Tropical island cultures applied coconut oil for all epi-dermis types’ conditions as well as to hydrate and secure skin from the sunlight.
The exclusive fat in coconut oil have a little molecular composition and pass easily into the hairs cell tissue layer, enabling for coconut oil to go through the hair’s shaft; this basically brings out the formidable silkiness from within when compared to other hair care products. Pure coconut oil works as a natural moisturizer and conditioner for hair and makes hair healthy, soft, shiny and lustrous. Massaging the scalp with pure coconut oil also improves the blood circulation. The oil penetrates into the scalp, removing the dead skin from hair roots, and stimulates the hair follicles. The pure coconut oil also feeds protein and essential minerals for hair growth. The hair follicles also get a sufficient supply of oxygen to make hair healthier and stronger.
Coconut oil on the head can also provide relief from Dander which is a condition that is due to dried skin or by an inner infection condition of the scalp. With frequent use, the oil can destroy the infection and remove dry skin issues. For a deep condition, a tsp. or two on wet hair, leaving the wonderful oil for as long as possible, will give an awesome glow and shine. Leave it on overnight and see amazing results.
Coconut oil can also strengthen the nails. Rub coconut oil on the nails not only can keep them healthy and prevent the growth of toenail fungus and low, but it can actually make nails thicker and stronger.
There are many natural skin care products that involve coconut oil. You also can add the oil straight to your skin. After you have washed your skin, add a bit of coconut oil and then wash in normal water.
External Benefits of Coconut Oil
1. As a moisturizer – Can be applied all over the body including face and neck leaving the skin smooth.
2. As an eye cream – Can be applied under the eyes to reduce puffiness and wrinkles.
3. When shaving- Can be applied on the skin before shaving to prepare the skin and also will help heal the skin after shaving.
4. Hair conditioner – Can be applied on the hair as a leave in conditioner making the hair shiny and strong.
5. As a make-up remover – Dabbing a little in a ball of cotton can remove makeup effectively.
6. As a massage oil – Can be used effectively in massages.
7. As a body scrub – Can be mixed with sugar and rubbed all over the body, it will leave the skin feeling soft.
8. Healing wounds – When applied to wounds or cuts, it forms a thin layer which protects the wound from bacteria and will also speed up the healing process by repairing damaged tissue.
9. Skin problems – It can be used to relieve dermatitis and eczema.
10. Stress reliever – When applied to the forehead in a circular massaging motion, it can relieve mental fatigue.
11. Nose bleeding – Can reduce the severity of nose bleeding when a little is applied inside the nose and this strengthens and protects the capillaries in the nose.
12. Insect repellent – Can be used together with peppermint oil as an insect repellent when rubbed all over exposed skin.
13. Age spots – Lightens age spots when applied directly to the skin.
14. Stretch marks – Can prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
15. Cradle cap – Gets rid of the cradle cap in babies when applied on the head.
16. Treatment for lice – When combined with apple cider vinegar, it can be used to treat lice.
17. Deep frying – it is a safe cooking oil for deep frying.
18. Nails – Can be applied on cuticles to boost nail growth.
19. Haemorrhoids – When applied to Haemorrhoids it relieves the pain.
20. Toothpaste – Can be used on it’s own as a natural whitening toothpaste.
21. Ageing- Due to having an abundance of antioxidants, it therefore builds and repairs skin cells and therefore slows down the ageing process.
22. Scalp – it is effective against dandruff and itchy scalp.